Works in progress

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Work in Progress #1

Last week, I found out that I need back surgery. I have scoliosis and also a disease called Kyphosis which I can best describe as a hunchback. It is serious, my spine is pretty deformed and it is painful. I have been recommended for a spinal fusion surgery. I have needed time to get used to the idea. To come to peace with it. Surgery on one's spine is scary, it's the bravest decision I will have made when I make it. I am starting to feel braver, though. This blog is supposed to be about beautiful moments and spinal surgery doesn't seem like one of them. But really, it could be. Because one day, if I have surgery, I won't be in pain anymore. That would be beautiful. For the meantime, I am getting some intensive physical therapy. It makes me feel irritated in the moment, but I can feel my body becoming a little stronger.

Work in Progress #2


The long awaited bedroom "remodel." So far, an Anthropologie bedspread, Target headboard, IKEA lamps, and my grandparents old nightstand. We're working on it...

3 comments:

Erin said...

It looks like something out of a magazine, Leah! I guess I should've taken you up on the offer to help me paint the bathroom.;)

Candi said...

Love the pictures! You guys did an awesome job!

I have scoliosis as well...my spine is curved and twisted. So I can understand your pain!
Hope everything goes well!

Oh and I love the journal layout!

Sara Joy said...

Love the bedroom.
I had a brown bedroom and am still entirely entranced by the color scheme. Beautiful.
And you already ARE brave Leah. You are living with this every day. Getting out of bed is brave.
I can't imagine how it feels, but you already have me on your side.
{hugs}
SJ

 
a unit of illuminance - by Templates para novo blogger