Wednesday, March 25, 2009
A few days ago, I was walking home from mass, across the park and past several blocks of tree lined streets. I spotted a squirrel running in the grass near me, which of course, is not unusual in our neighborhood, then I spotted that it was carrying something very large in its mouth.
The squirrel was carrying a slice of pizza in its mouth. It was Papa Johns pizza, I know that because the students at my school have Papa Johns every Friday as part of their school lunch. The slice of pizza was almost larger than the squirrel himself. I watched him as he climbed the nearest tree and sat on a branch munching on pizza.
I stayed and watched him for awhile. And thought to myself how it might not be so bad sitting in a tree eating some pizza. I like watching squirrels, the way the use those little hands is remarkable, really. I like watching animals (and people) in general, I suppose.
Oh, and if you google image search squirrels eating pizza....there are lots of photos! Who knew pizza must be one of their faves!




3 comments:
I love it! The squirrel has good taste... I love Papa John's.
Ok...that is TOO funny about the pizza! I would LOVE to see that....
My parents have a fountain near their pond and it has a little statue of a squirrel...well, one day, they went outside to sit by the pond and saw a squirrel all snuggled up next to the statue....My mom took pictures of it...it was SOO cute! Poor little thing...he thought he had found his mate...hehe...
I have NEVER had Papa Johns! But, it always smells good every Friday!
Post a Comment