Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My bestie, Erin thought maybe I would feel better if I started blogging again. The truth is, things have not been the best. But since all of the not so best has to do with my livelihood, it is best not to publicize. And this blog is supposed to be about the little pieces of light each day.

It's probably meant to be since the last time I wrote in this blog, I was writing about visiting Erin in the hospital to meet her new baby boy.


A few weeks ago, Adam and I fell in love. Not with each other, that happened years ago. But with George:

George was a nine year old black cat living at the local Humane Society. And I say, was because now he is is living in our home. For a week, he stayed in a separate room than Lux. Now, Lux and George are slowly having to learn to love one another. Lux, who is half of George's weight, is able to scare George with single glances his way. George is a cuddly teddy bear who is heavy on his feet and makes astronomical messes with his litter. He even went as far as to knock over Lux's windowsill cup of water (she likes drinking by the window, what can I say). Lux is graceful and has the attitude of a princess. I think they are perfect for each other. There are still some minor hisses/growls. But last night, the two slept on the couch with their spines pressed up against one another.


The first meeting. They were fed delicious wet food on their first meeting together. I like this photo because Lux (who eats twice as much food as George per day) finished her food and was like wait a minute, what is this about?!?!



Our house, is a very, very, very fine house.
With two cats in the yard,
Life used to be so hard,
Now everything is easy 'cause of you.

12 comments:

Erin said...

Things that I love about this:
1. YOUR FACE
2. That your new cat's name is George because Luke named his sock monkey George.
3. That I get to see you ON FRIDAY.
4. Your bravery. I love you.

Terri McConnell said...

My cat loves to drink water from my cup and I am now inspired to provide a cat specific water cup by the window-pretty sure it will be a huge success! Hope all is well with you!

Sara Joy said...

Hi Leah!
That darn Erin sent me over here. She's so pushy. GOSH.
;)
Your cats are adorable. Mine, on the other hand is a 15 year old GROUCH. Like he's entitled or something. Whatever.
I don't dare bring another cat home, which is ok because between him and our dauschund it's all I can do to keep the chaos to a dull roar.
Looking forward to getting to know you. :)
SJ

Sara Joy said...

PS. Your Christmas lights KICK ARSE.

Anonymous said...

I may possibly steal those doors for my own house. Lovely lovely bedroom doors!

Looking forward to reading more. :)

Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife said...

LOVE the guitars! :) The thing about blogging is that you can stop and start at anytime and getting thoughts and feeling down in writing sometimes just helps the soul.

Lori

Jeni said...

How could you NOT love a big ol' cat like George? From the pictures, he looks like a very laid-back, sunbeam-soaking lover-of-life - perhaps he will help you through your tough time?

*Lissa* said...

I hope the coming days bring lots of light!

CUTE kitties!

Megan said...

Leah: I know you'll get through this tough period in your life. I just know it! Much love and thoughts.

E said...

Hi Leah! Erin sent me over here to say hi, and I am glad she did. I am praying for your tough life situations right now, whatever they may be. I hope you have a great day, and enjoy those cute cats!

InTheFastLane said...

Love the cats. Hoping for the best for you, in whatever is going on.

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

What beautiful photos! I play the guitar myself but dare not leave mine out because one of my boy brats will drive a car up the fretboard like its a highway.

Erin sent me. Glad I did. :-)

 
a unit of illuminance - by Templates para novo blogger