Wednesday, July 22, 2009
I have been slowly uploading all of my digital photos to flickr. Today, while I was doing so, Lux got on top of my laptop (a usual occurrence) buttons were being pressed and noises being made from the computer. I managed to get Lux off when a slide show of the photos I took of Erin's new baby, Thomas, started playing to Justin Timberlake's Rock Your Body. Seriously. It reminded me that I wanted to post about the new little one.
Little Thomas has an amazing birth story.
The afternoon after he was born, Adam and I drove to the hospital to see him. But not before, buying Erin a half dozen gourmet cupcakes from a local cupcake store here, Cakes on Walnut. Because when I thought to myself what should I bring to Erin - I pretty much immediately thought of cupcakes because we had cupcakes from this store when she visited us in Champaign. And because like me, Erin has a sweet tooth. I was so giddy picking out the cupcakes in the store and watching them box them up; it felt special.
ANYWAY. I arrived to see this:
A beautiful baby boy with beautiful little toes. A dark head of hair. And long legs. 
And one of us. I think Erin looks so beautiful, not that I would expect anything different, but she just had a baby! But her skin was glowing and she, of course, was all smiles. I loved hearing her voice tell me his birth story while I was cradling him in my arms. I was so happy to see her, Thomas, and Shane. So happy & lucky. ♥




1 comments:
Very cute.
Mike
www.mikeleonen.com
Twitter: AboutParenting
Post a Comment