Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This year for my birthday, I asked Adam to give me a ride on a hot air balloon. I have wanted to ride in an air balloon for a good long time. I feel as though I am also at the point in my life where I want to experience all of these little, wonderful things life has to offer because what else is there?


While the hot air balloon was filling up, I could not fathom that I was about to ascend into the sky in a wicker basket with 14 people while being held up by a colorful cloth balloon fueled by hot air. I mean, really?

It was the most peaceful take off I have ever experienced. We truly floated away. As we ascended 5000 feet into the air, I remember every sight and sound. Really, there is little sound in a hot air balloon. No turbulence. Just gliding. We saw homes, people, cornfields, cows, etc. All life below us was carrying on.
The landing was slightly different. First one has to assume position. Men (or taller individuals) stood behind women or shorter individuals. We bent out knees. And then, there were 3 large thumps to the ground that are slightly rough on one's body.



After landing, it was a celebration in the middle of a cornfield. There was a champagne toast and chocolate. I felt at that moment that there was no where in the world more peaceful than where I was.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This sounds like the most lovely adventure, Leah!

Love said...

visiting from erin's! =)

i would love to do this sometime. and that last picture is so beautiful!

Catherine Anne said...

GREAT post... I would love to do this someday!

 
a unit of illuminance - by Templates para novo blogger