Sunday, April 5, 2009
Adam and I painted our bedroom this weekend. The WRONG color. It was yellow. Pale Lemon to be exact. And it sort of looks like a creepy haunted nursery now. So, I need some time to step back from it and decide on the RIGHT color, again. Paint is tricky sometimes. I am thinking a gray tone might be better.
Lux has had a particularly eventful weekend. Yesterday, I was doing dishes in the kitchen and Adam was also working in the kitchen at the counter. We had our kitchen door open and Lux was sitting on a chair next to the screen door which she likes to do when the weather is nice. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lux jump through the screen, ripping it, and I was like NO! Turns out Lux jumped through the screen in order to eat the food that we leave for our numerous neighborhood stray cats on our back porch. There she sat eating the cheap store brand food, which we do not allow her to eat because she is on a strict diet due to previous health issues, as though it was the world's greatest treat. I don't even think she was chewing.
Our screen door now has duct tape holding the screen in. It startled my heart in the moment, Lux busting out of the house. But, that Luxy girl, she can always bring us a laugh.




4 comments:
I am so sorry your bedroom color did not turn out right! At least it will be easy to paint over.
I am laughing at Lux jumping through the window to eat cheap food. That is like when Shane makes a delicious dinner and Luke wants to eat Gerber.
I miss you!
Hi Leah, it's Rachelle from "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" and I came by to tell you that you are my lucky winner of my blog giveaway! Congrats!
http://ldylvbgr.blogspot.com/2009/03/review-ecostore-usa-products-and.html
Could you please email me within 3 days to claim your prize?
Ldylvbgr AT hotmail.com
Hi Leah!
I'm the Notes from the Nursery blogger and just found out you won my UBP giveaway (you won 2? lucky you!). I don't see your email address anywhere here so please contact me directly. My email address is: gcassidy AT healthywomen.org
If you can, please email me as soon as possible so that I can get this out to you :)
Thanks!
Gwynn
Duck taped screen door? Don't fix it. A year from now, you'll laugh about it.
Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com
Twitter: AboutParenting
Post a Comment