Thursday, April 2, 2009

True story: for one whole year, I studied darkroom photography. I loved and was thankful for it the way I am for the air we breathe. It was such a part of me. The transition now into not having access to a darkroom (or a kind professor guiding my way) and to digital photography, I will admit, has not been easy. Or inspiring to me. Truthfully, I am not as "good" at photography in as I once was - it is not as natural.

So, what is a girl to do but challenge herself a little, right?! So, I decided to join a photography challenge (at the suggestion of my best friend!), You Capture, which once per week focuses on a theme. This week is spring




I took this outside in the empty next to my apartment that is full of abandoned trash and rubble. I love how flowers grow among the trash. I have been waiting for them to bloom since I saw these greens last week. But as you can see, no flowers yet. I'll keep waiting. I put this photo in the program Poladroid which I happen to think is just plain fun.

Spring is my most favorite season because I feel hopeful and I see beauty. I get tons of migraines in the spring, though, so it really is a good thing that I love it so much because otherwise, spring and I would not be getting along! Thank God for prescription migraine medicine and Coca-Cola so I can enjoy the beautiful sunlight and flowers.



PS: YOU should join the challenge.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ohhh, very nice shot! Would never guess it to be amongst the trash!

Erin said...

Leah, I'm so glad you played along! I love seeing your photographs.

Mom 2 Four said...

Wow, that is really good. I love the contrast in the colors.

Jessi said...

That is a beautiful shot. It looks to me like you are doing just fine :)

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

Love it!!
And I looooove Polaroids - even if they come from the computer. ;) This is a perfect poladroid pic.

 
a unit of illuminance - by Templates para novo blogger